Friday, January 25, 2013

Five Minute Friday :: Again {He is STILL God}

I have spent the last ten days off and on hearing the whirs and rhythms of the hospital cadence.

Granny fell and broke her neck.

It always sounds so dramatic and serious when I say it out like that. And I suppose it is. My analytical brain refused to focus on the severity and merely deals with each task at hand -- errands, work, sitting with Granny, supporting Mom, whatever was needed and fighting off the effects of the flu within my own body. Then two days ago, my heart caught up. I hit a wall. Emotionally. I had to stop.

I am still here, Lindsey.

That still small voice, reminding me again of His truths, His purpose, His plan.

I am still in control.

When I hit the end of my self...again...He is there.

Be still and know that I am God.
I am working on your behalf, on her behalf.
I see the beginning from the end and every step in between.
Trust in Me as you still your heart again to the melodies of grace flowing from my heart to yours.

I AM still here.


Mom with Granny on Friday, January 25th
{9 days after surgery for broken neck}

**Update on Granny as of 4:30 p.m. EST :: She is doing VERY well today. She is off of the ventilator. She is wearing a trache collar now, which apparently is a step up. She had physical therapy today and was able to sit up for awhile. This morning she was very alert and recognizing people as well as communicating as much as she can without being able to speak because of the trache. She is resting peacefully now.

Prayer Request :: Please pray that she will pass her swallow test when they give it and that her sugar levels would be under control.



Five Minute Friday

6 comments:

Christy Willard said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, Lindsey! My heart is so sensitive right now to Grandmom hurts! I'm thankful she is doing better, but I am sure it has been a very difficult week. Such a beautiful reminder — "I am still here." I'm so thankful He is always with us, yesterday, today, and tomorrow! And on this we can depend!


Christy @ A Heartening Life
www.ahearteninglife.com

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh girl... I heard your heart beat in every word... And God's heart is beating right along with yours. So glad you found Him in the midst of your hurt. So happy to hear a good report for Granny today... And as always friend... Whispering your name in God's ear ❤

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

((Hugs)) so glad granny is doing better today been praying for you and your family!!! Beautiful post Lindsey!!

Karrilee Aggett said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my heart, sweet Lindsey! Remembering that He is always always here helps, does it not? I forgot that for some time yesterday - and I am so thrilled that He comes at us Full On and covers us with His Love! Praying with you in agreement!

OneBlessedLady said... Best Blogger Tips

Precious Lindsey! He is truly there! Bless you for being so strong and able to do everything you have been doing, but be sure that you're able to rest and process and breathe.

Mel said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for this sweet reminder and Truth. Praying for you and your Granny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails