Monday, February 6, 2012

Joy Dare 2012 :: Renewal

Unforgiveness.
Disappointments.
Judgments.
Regrets.

"You won't relent until you have it all. My heart is yours."

January has been a busy month of deep soul searching and recurrent heart surgery. His depth of cleansing and renewing of my mind and heart to be more like His, has sapped more energy and pain than I expected, and yet, there is a something enigmatic in His undertaking. Even as anxiety fills me, emotions overwhelm me, and my thoughts run off like a runaway train, I sense Him there, keen to purge those things that burden me, longing to be the carrier of every sin and every woe.

Romans 12:1-2
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.


Continuing to count my gifts, 3 graces a day, taking the Joy Dare to notice more, to see better...



91) A new weekly check from a new job
92) Arno's lead with all of the house stuff
93) Relentless Love - photo representing His love, the love of friends, love for the world
94) the time to move slow
95) the time to get ready and feel pretty


96) black finger from fingerprinting for foster care
97) My husband giving me praises while speaking to another
98) "Thank you for the blessing you were today..."
99) The chatter of my family @ the birthday party


100) Five Minute Friday
101) "One of the best things we can do for our writing is to live."
~Jeremy Statton
102) "He is no fool who gives up what He cannot keep to gain
what He cannot lose." ~Jim Elliott
103) Old Barbie dolls in my cousin's attic {good memories!}
104) The missing lid to the pen
105) The promise of the coming house
106) my bedspread
107) the stool next to my bed
108) my pillows
109) the reflection on the water
110) the shadows and the light falling on the fence
111) the feel of the sun & the wind on my skin

Won't you join me? Take The Joy Dare!
Here is a list of ideas to daily help you to SEE in the midst of the busy days...




2 comments:

annasjoy said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm so excited you guys are going forward with foster care! I am already yearning for the day we can do it again. 

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Anna! I am excited and scared all at the same time. Did you guys specifically request babies or were you open to whatever?

Related Posts with Thumbnails