Saturday, May 28, 2011

Strawberry Fields

"....Let me take you down, ’cause I’m going to (too.)

Strawberry fields...."



While my mom and I did visit John Lenon's memorial site in Central Park while in New York (not on purpose -- just a part of the tour we were on)....



....and our pedi-cab driver showed us the building outside of which Lenon was shot and killed (since I like history that part was interesting)....





....THIS post is NOT about those strawberry fields.


It is about THESE strawberry fields!





In the spirit of not forgetting the little things, the special moments, the gifts that God has given to us, here is a little photo journey of my day at the "strawberry fields."








Boxes start out empty, ready to be filled




Fingers move quickly, not wanting to be stilled






Taste buds water with the desire for these juicy treats





Overflowing to the brim, see the delights that we get to eat!




Fingers show the signs of our dear labors of love


And God give us extra delights with His own special gift from above.


Loved spending the day with my family, doing something that

we have never done before....

TOGETHER


as we went down to the "strawberry fields."


**Special thanks to Oakley Farms for letting us pick in their fields! SO YUMMY!

2 comments:

Anna Carpenter said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice poem! What are you going to do with all those strawberries?

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Haha! Thanks, Anna!  We pared all of them and put them in gallon Ziploc bags and stored them in my sister's deep freezer.  My sister & her husband made some jam out of some of theirs already too.  It was lots of fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails