Monday, August 9, 2010

30 Days of Hope: Day 26 - Happy Women's Day

(Warning: Lots of pictures to follow)
Today in South Africa, it is Women's Day -- a day to celebrate the impact that women have made in homes, in the work place, in arts, in science, in culture, in the world.

When God created woman, He did so differently than He did man.....

Genesis 2:21-22
So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man’s ribs and closed up the opening. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man.


Immediately Adam rejoiced in the beauty of the gift that God had given to him....

Genesis 2:23
“At last!” the man exclaimed.
“This one is bone from my bone,
and flesh from my flesh!
She will be called ‘woman,’
because she was taken from ‘man.’”


There are so many beautiful and amazing women that God has placed in my life and I would like to honor them for the hope that they have instilled inside of me..

My mom - strongest woman I know

My mom-in-law - one of the MOST compassionate hearts ever

My sister, Kasi - the girl you WANT in your corner; will defend you to the death

Aunt Bonnie, Aunt Paula, & Granny - have ALWAYS been there no matter what I needed -- birthday parties, wedding planning, graduation celebration, hugs, love, laughter, etc.


My Mom Mom - taught me to keep my head up high & to be proud of who I am

Pastor Charne - who taught me to be the strong ME and not apologize for it & the 3C G12 ladies - who are a team of warrior princesses that I have been blessed to learn from


And some of my best girlfriends without whom my life would not be the same...














I love you ladies (& many more not pictured)!! My life holds more value from the lessons I have learned from your presence in my life.
Happy Women's Day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Loved this one and seeing all the pictures of all the ladies so important in your life! Love you, Baby!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Loved this one and seeing all the pictures of all the ladies so important in your life! Love you, Baby!

Related Posts with Thumbnails