Friday, August 6, 2010

30 Days of Hope: Day 23 - My Cup Runneth Over

What does a word of encouragement mean to you?

The Free Online Dictionary gives 3 definitions:

1. the expression of approval and support
2. the act of giving hope or support to someone
3. the feeling of being encouraged


Today at our pastors' meeting with our senior pastors, Bert & Charne Pretorius, they asked us to hug and to love on each other at the end of the meeting -- each to each one.

It seems so simple, so obvious, so normal. But how often do we take the time to love on ALL the people that we work with or minister with, not just those we "like" the most or "get along with" the best?

What a beautiful thing!

"I appreciate you," "I love you," "Thanks for what you do to add to the team," "Thanks for your words of encouragement," and my very favorite -- "Thanks for leaving your country and coming to our country to work here. I know it isn't easy."

In the movie, Hope Floats, the grandmother says to her granddaughter after a touching moment where the granddaughter was giving her love freely -- "My cup runneth over."

THAT is MY definition of encouragement:

--a word or sentence of hope that causes one's "cup of love" to run over--

And those moments are so easy to give to people, right?

May I use my words to "fill up" and not "spill out"....

What words of encouragement have made your "cup run over" lately?

4 comments:

Angie Neal said... Best Blogger Tips

Lindsey, your words on hope have been such a timely blessing to me. I pray you are being as encouraged when you write these posts as I am when I read them. You're a really special lady!

Beverly Brumbley said... Best Blogger Tips

Love it , love it, love it!! "My cup runneth over", for sure.....love you so much!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Love this too :)

-Ashley

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Love this too :)

-Ashley

Related Posts with Thumbnails